For most deliveries in the continental US you have three choices, home delivery, business delivery (this does not include home based businesses) or a terminal pickup. Overseas locations not listed on our website must contact us for a custom shipping quote. Not every option is available in every zip code.
- AVERAGE COST:
- REQUIRES A SIGNATURE:
- SHIPPING QUOTE IS GOOD FOR?
- MISSED DELIVERY FEE:
- WINDOW OF TIME FOR PICK UP:
- CAN I REFUSE A DAMAGED BOARD?
- Some apts., PO Box’s, remote locales
- 7 DAYS
- Military, School, Hospital, Home office
- 7 DAYS
- May not be available in every state
- 7 DAYS
- BY APPOINTMENT
Shipping Damages and Claims
Shipping damages are very rare but if damage should occur you need to know the following info:
RECEIVING YOUR ORDER:
- You must sign for and inspect your package at the time of delivery.
- If you notice any damage to the box or surfboard you must note that damage on your bill of lading. Check the box and the board carefully, sometimes a box is damaged and the board is intact or vice versa. Documenting damage at time of delivery protects you if you decide to make a claim.
- Boards with major damage in shipping should be refused.
IF THERE IS DAMAGE:
- Note damage on your bill of lading at the time of delivery
- You may not be able to make a full claim without noting damage in the bill of lading because it is considered concealed damage
- All claims must be made within 48 hours of delivery.
- Damage claims must be documented with photos
- Claims are not accepted on surfboards that are are used, or waxed.
- You must save the shipping box and packing material with the board for a claim
- If we decide to replace a board all claims have to be settled first
This is a freight company term, it means any damage that is found after your board is delivered. Freight companies do not like to reimburse for concealed damages so please inspect your board when it is delivered.
Give us a call at 805..653.1717 or e-mail us Waldensurfboards@gmail.com
Customers who experience minor damages during shipping may have their board repaired in their local area and we will pay for the repair up to 10% of the boards cost.
What qualifies as minor damage? dents, dings, and scrapes. We usually see these in the size range of 1-3” This kind of damage is usually very easy to fix.
To qualify, Walden Surfboards must receive:
- Notice of the damage within 48 hrs of delivery.
- Digital photos of the damage
- A quote for the repair before the repair is started
In the very unlikely event that your board is catastrophically damaged you may refuse the shipment, you will be fully refunded once we receive your order back from the shipper.
If you do not refuse the shipment you can make a claim with the shipper within 48 hours of receipt of shipment. Boards must be unwaxed and unused. Surfboard claims will not be accepted if boards have been ridden.
If you did not note damages on the bill of lading at time of delivery you may not get fully reimbursed for your claim. All shippers